The Mekong Angkor Adventure is designed for those who have limited time and wish to experience a taste of the “real” Cambodia. This four day and four night tour starts in Phnom Penh and ends in Siem Reap. You will spend three days riding through the Cambodian countryside on some great roads and the last day visiting the Angkor Wat Temple complex. You will experience wonderful Cambodian hospitality, eat a mix of Cambodian, Asian and western cuisine, and stay in comfortable accommodation ranging from guesthouse to 4 stars. Immerse yourself in both ancient and modern history and see more of Cambodia than the average tourist.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
A = Accommodation included
W = Wi-Fi available
Depart Cambodia’s capital city Phnom Penh at 10 am and head for Kampong Cham, which lies on the banks of the “Mighty” Mekong River. Spend the afternoon scouring the local market and have a relaxing drink by the world renowned river.
Time: approx. 5 hours including lunch and rest stops
Accommodation: 3 stars
L, A & W
Tbeng Meanchey is the quaint capital of Preah Vihear Province. We stay with a beautiful Khmer family at their guesthouse. Our “adopted” Cambodian mum and her two daughters are fabulous cooks and you will get to experience amazing Cambodian hospitality.
Time: approx. 6 hours including lunch and rest stops
B, L, D & A
Siem Reap is the home of the number one tourist attraction in the world, Angkor Wat. It is a relatively small town bustling with tourists, nightlife and eateries. The ride to Siem Reap from Tbeng Meanchey is picturesque with rice paddies, rural farming and great roads.
Time: approx. 4 hours including lunch and rest stops
Accommodation: 4 stars
B, L, A & W
Spend the morning at the iconic UNESCO World Heritage listed Ankgor Wat (temple) complex. You will see and explore the ancient temples by tuk tuk with an experienced local guide. Enjoy the afternoon off, have a swim, check out the markets and have a drink in Pub Street.
Time: approx. 4 hours (non-riding day)
Accommodation: 4 stars
B, L, A & W
Please note that this itinerary is subject to change
What is Included
Accommodation - ranging from a guesthouse to a 4 star hotel
Everyone gets their own room
Group meals - 4 x breakfasts, 4 x lunches and 1 x dinner
Support vehicle - 4WD (with 4 or more customers)
Minimum 2 experienced English speaking western guides (Sam and or Emily always go on tour!)
Hotel pick up/drop off
Honda Phntom TA200
Angkor Wat entrance fee, local guide and tuk tuk
Sunscreen, hand sanitiser and mosquito repellent
Free care package including: a cap, stubby holder (cooler), Cambodian scarf (Kramar) and a t-shirt
What is not Included:
Travel insurance (mandatory)
Dinners (1 x dinner is included)
How much does this tour cost?
$1299 USD per person
CMA Terms and Conditions and CMA Indemnity Release and Acknowledgement Statement
This agreement is made between Cambodian Motorcycle Adventures (CMA); it’s directors, employees or agents (hereafter called the Company) and myself, the undersigned, as a guided motorcycle tour participant.
1. A $200 USD deposit is required on booking to ensure a place on a tour. The full balance is due and payable 45 days prior to departure. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking and cancellation charges will apply.
2. Should you need to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing by email. The cancellation charges shown below are those which will apply to most tours a) 45 and more days before tour start date – retention of deposit b) 44-25 days before tour start date – 50% c) 29-14 days before tour start date – 90% d) Less than 14 days before tour start date – 100%.
3. Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of the insurance policy. All claims must be made direct to the insurance company. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance and are responsible for ensuring that their personal travel insurance gives protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of personal belongings, medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate and appropriate cover. Clients should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting or excluding protection for the type of activities included in their tour. Clients should satisfy themselves that all travel insurance purchased meets their particular requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
4. Should the number of participants booked on any tour not meet the minimum requirement for the Company to operate a tour, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. Your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another tour to your satisfaction.
5. Clients are responsible for arranging, and must be in possession of, a valid, acceptable passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into the country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation.
6. We cannot accept any liability for any change, cancellation or delay in your transportation or during your tour whether any change, cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by a transport supplier, airline or airport authority, action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown, industrial action or any other event or circumstance outside our control. Where long flight delays result in lost tour time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. It is in recognition of the above that we recommend your travel insurance policy offers some monetary compensation for flight delays over 12 hours to cover lost tour time or delayed return.
7. It may be necessary due to certain circumstances (“force majeure”) that the Company will need to make changes to tour itineraries and or cancel tours. “Force majeure” means any event which the Company could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside our control. ? No refund will be considered in the event such circumstances.
5. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with the Company. If in the opinion of any such person(s) or any other person in a position of authority (such as a hotel manager), the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or during a tour is endangering or appears likely to endanger the health or wellbeing of the client or any third party (including any other clients of the Company) or the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. Where a client is excluded, the Company will have no further responsibility towards them (including any return travel arrangements) and we will not meet any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the exclusion. In the case of ill health, the Company may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act (for example, causing any damage) the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them as above. No refund will be given for any unused services. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises. If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person or have any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the proposed tour and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person develops after your booking has been confirmed.
CMA Indemnity Release and Acknowledgement Statement
This agreement is made between Cambodian Motorcycle Adventures (CMA); it’s directors, employees or agents (hereafter called The Company) and myself, the undersigned, as a guided motorcycle tour participant.
1. I hereby agree that I shall participate entirely at my own risk and that I, my successors, executors and administrators will release, indemnify and not instigate any claim, demand or expense against The Company for any personal injury, loss of life or damage to personal property suffered during or subsequent to the events of the day.
2. I acknowledge that any road, whether sealed or unsealed, may have sandy or rocky surfaces with exposed tree roots and other defects either hidden or exposed, as is the nature of roads in Cambodia.
3. I agree to obey and observe all rules and directions given during the tour, whether given in writing or verbally by The Company and that The Company has the right to exclude me from any tour for non-adherence to any rule or direction given.
4. I accept that I am permitted to participate in a guided tour on condition that I ride safely with due care and regard for other tour participants or property.
5. I acknowledge that motorcycle riding, whether as a rider or passenger, can be dangerous and that participation in a guided tour organised and promoted by The Company may expose me to the possibility of injury or death, and further, I acknowledge that the way other tour participants may ride is outside the control of The Company.
6. I acknowledge that there may be no, or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of participants if participants are injured.
7. I agree to wear appropriate motorcycle safety equipment at all times and that I am medically fit to undertake such a tour.
8. I agree that I have read and understood this indemnity release and acknowledgement statement and agree that participation in a tour whether guided or unguided is entirely at my own risk and I sign this indemnity as a condition of participation.